Munich-based game developer Mimimi Games GmbH („Desperados“, „Shadow Tactics“) offers a job as Head of Communication.
Head of Communication (div/f/m)
ANZEIGE / JOB AD
Mimimi currently isn’t living up to its potential when it comes to external communication: no coordinated PR-efforts, no blog posts, little to no social media activity, no streams, … no time.
We are looking for you to plan and execute a strategy to fix this in the most efficient way possible. This is a full-time, permanent position within our team, at our office in Munich.
We want you to be very structured and well-organized, but still able to think creatively and outside the box. Technical understanding of the tools that are required to realize your goals, and an eye for aesthetics and slick layouts are great pluses.
This is going to be an extremely demanding job for a single person. Key to overcoming this challenge is to carefully pick your battles, to have a clear overview of priorities and to not be afraid of iterating and adjusting your plans.
Should you need guidance, you will be helped by the people being responsible for our current channels and our founders. Still, we want you to own and lead external communication at Mimimi.
- Responsible for PR, marketing and social media at Mimimi.
- Create a strategy for Mimimi’s external communication efforts, including both our company as a brand and our games.
- Create and share internal planning documentation.
- Receive feedback from the team, iterate and perfect your strategy.
- Manage yourself and execute your strategy by yourself.
- Be in touch with our publishers and coordinate your efforts with their departments.
- Always be up-to-date and well-informed when it comes to anything communication related, be it external new trends or internal deadlines for upcoming marketing-beats.
- Talk to press whenever you can, attend events, increase our international reach.
- Manage a proper, high quality press list.
- Write and distribute press releases.
- Talk to our community, guide our team on how to answer their questions.
- Manage and potentially restructure our existing channels, fill them with content: Discord, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, eMails/Newsletter-list.
- Ability to work in a professional, clean and structured way.
- Excellent skills in both German and English, verbally and written.
- Excellent knowledge of and high interest in social media.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new techniques and share knowledge openly.
- Passion for outstanding games.
- Experience in PR, marketing, community management and related fields.
- Existing connections to national and international press.
- Ability to interview our employees on topics that our community would like to hear about, and write blog posts based on these interviews.
- Ability to coordinate, moderate and record regular Twitch streams at our office.
- You feel comfortable in front of a camera and are able to quickly transfer that feeling to your teammates, who might be very shy.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Premiere and/or similar tools to create required assets yourself.
- Given the right assets, you can compile great social media assets and have an eye for perfect layouts and typography.
- Experience with Confluence, Trello, SVN, Unity.
- Experience with SEO.
We know that we are asking for a lot, possibly too much – so please don’t be shy if you don’t tick all the boxes. If your gut tells you that you can do this your way, go ahead.
If you’re interested in this position, please send us your application, including your cover letter, resume and portfolio.
Mimimi Games GmbH
(formerly known as Mimimi Productions UG (haftungsbeschränkt))